When I founded Vilia Soap Company, one of my objectives was to give back. There are many wonderful charities and causes to support and I would love to give to all of them. However, when I learned that there are 663 million people in the world (twice the population of the United States) that are still drinking dirty water, I knew I wanted to support clean water projects.
Clean water changes everything in a community. The majority of people without clean water live in isolated rural areas and spend hours every day walking to collect water for their family. Not only does walking for water keep kids out of school or take up time that parents could be using to earn money, but the water often carries diseases that can make everyone sick. But access to clean water means education, income and health – especially for women and kids.
In 2016, a portion of Vilia Soap Company’s net profits were donated to charity:water and we will do the same in 2017.
1) 100% of the donation goes directly to a clean water project. Private donors cover their operating costs.
2) They track every dollar raised and show the funded projects with photos and GPS.
3) They consistently received the highest grades available for accountability and transparency.
How you can help?
1) Purchase our products and spread the word to family and friends.
2) Contribute directly to charity:water here.
3) If you shop on Amazon Smile, choose charity: water. AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases.
Thank you for your support!
Founder & Artisan Soap Maker
Image Source – Charity:Water